21 Day Fix

Friday, October 8, 2010

Postpartum wackiness

One would think once the kids arrive things would get back to normal. No bedrest, become active, etc. It appears once again I get to be a medical mystery for someone to solve.

My Dr. told me today she is now looking for Zebra's instead of Horses. She has looked for all normal causes for my "issues" and can find none, now we look at the weird options. What are my issues you may wonder. I am now 11 weeks postpartum and still hemorrhaging to the point of almost being hospitalized today. Luckily, I passed my blood test and was able to leave. They have had me take birth control pills 2 x a day, no luck. Now we are on Premarin for 14 days. I have had ultrasounds, CT's, exams, nothing turns up. My next options to see if it stops are a D&C or a Uterine Artery Embolization, or partial hysterectomy (last option). Two of these options would mean no more kids. I am so thankful we have two wonderful and healthy kids.

Here is to hoping for better test results next week. We were supposed to visit the in-laws but she may not let me go if this keeps up. I would love to be back to normal this is just all to weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment