21 Day Fix

Thursday, November 20, 2014

A slow way to make changes - Michi's Ladder

Food choices always surprise me. I will admit, I am a woman I have cravings and somedays you just have to follow them.  If you deny yourself forever you will always be hungry. It is interesting though that as I have been eating cleaner my body craves different things now.  I used to crave cheese and don't as much anymore and now consider sushi a treat. Yesterday I had to stop at my favorite place and grab a roll.

Michi's Ladder has food in Tiers. The healthier the food, the higher up it is. This is a great way to make slow changes one item at a time.  A lot of people who count macros (IIFYM) follow Micha's ladder.

I challenge you to see what you eat off tier 4 or  5 and see if you can give it up for a week, swap it for something on tier 3. After that how about tier 2?

On a different note I have found a happy running place again. I am not pushing it as much and trying to run for fun. These are short, interval runs (3-5 miles). I think what gave me the biggest boost is a new iTunes playlist and a new veto playlist. Let's face it, we already have negative wind chills here, and snow. Outdoor running has already become icy and injuries are never fun. I am hoping to keep finding new music, it always makes run so much more enjoyable.


No comments:

Post a Comment