21 Day Fix

Monday, April 8, 2013

1/2 Marathon Monday

Well I have been worried about my 10 mile race this weekend and the 1/2 marathon in 2 1/2 weeks due to all of the bad sickness in the month of March. March was to be my peak training month. To top it off the weather has been awful. I mean a winter storm warning in April and a few inches of snow??? Blegh!!!

Anyways, I decided to enjoy a slightly okay day outside and run. My thought was I would start with my easy 3 mile run and if it felt ok go for my 6 mile run.  I managed my 6 mile time and my garmin told me it was a new PR for my 10K distance!!! Yea! It was more to prove to myself that I am ready for these races and that I have come a long way. I am still not the fastest runner but I have figured out how to manage longer distances at a much more consistent pace.  All of my splits today were within 4 seconds, I consider that really good. I have stopped looking at my watch when I run. I used to look at it for my heart rate, now I run to the point where I feel good. Today that was a 10:48 pace.  I think I am finally improving at this running thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment