21 Day Fix

Friday, April 5, 2013

The things kids do

This week feels never ending probably due  to the fact that the kids are on spring break.  This means no rest for mom and total craziness.

The craziness was the worst on Wednesday morning. We were all set to get out the door and head to Gaga's house and I walked out into the garage with Danyal and Sara shut the door behind us...and locked it!! My keys were still in the house. Thus began the fun of trying to keep her calm (it took a while), keep an eye on Danyal in the car, and get the security people here to open the door.  Turns out the mechanism inside of our door actually malfunctioned to and they couldn't pick the lock they had to drill it out.  At that point I said enough and just got a new door knob. One that doesn't have a push button option. If you have kids get rid of them all! It took a total of about 45 minutes but after a while Sara calmed down when I told her to grab an iphone to play with, at least that helped. As long as she could see me she was ok.  Danyal was just bored sitting in the car forever.

We eventually did make it up to my moms house to play and they had a good time.

I went for a run outside last night as it was beautiful (glad I grabbed my windbreaker though) and had this been a race it would have been a PR for me. Even after having been sick for the last 2 weeks more ear infections, sinus infection, bronchitis, and adenovirus I still had a relaxing run. Now that spring is here I can run later in the day and not on a treadmill, thank you daylight.

It always amazes me, on a treadmill I am sore afterwards as it is unnatural to run on those. Outside, no sore legs, knees, ankles, or tendons, just refreshed. It was rough after being sick for so long and I had the burn in my lungs but I just reminded myself I ran a solid 9 miles two weeks ago I can do an easy 4 (it turned into more of a race pace which felt good).  With having a new running watch I am learning to what my paces are outside I hope I have enough time before my 10 miles race in a week.





No comments:

Post a Comment