21 Day Fix

Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Finish Line

Saturday will by my 10th race ever, and first half marathon. To day I have done 5k's, 10k's, and a 10 miler.

When thinking about all my races one thing that everyone asks is always the same. "Who will be at the finish line for you?" No one. I guess it would be nice to have people see me make this huge accomplishment but it isn't the end of the world. Someone has to watch the kids, my mom doesn't drive in the cities , and my BFF is stuck in Iowa working. The only person I have seen at the finish line is my friend, who I have known since we were 3, is marathon mom. This is usually because we run the same races :) There will be many more races. This is just a toe in the water.

I don't run for anyone but me and I think that helps. I don't run to lose weight. I run to decompress, zone out, have my quiet time, and relax! I have truly changed my why's and how's of running. To go with this evolution I am reading about chi running and am going to begin working on this after the race.

I am interested to see where I am in a years time more of running. I didn't picture running a half marathon in 11 months of running. But I am :)

When I cross that finish line I will have someone take my picture and I will send it to my foot surgeon. No more " I think I can", I know I can!





1 comment:

  1. I will send you a gazillion and 1 happy juju thoughts! I'm so bummed I have to stay here.

    ReplyDelete