21 Day Fix

Monday, October 29, 2012

Rain or Shine?

So I have noticed something.  I tend to work on my thesis only on days when the sun isn't out.  It isn't planned that way at all.  I have certain times set aside ahead of time (aka when I have quiet time thanks to grandma or the kids are at school).  This means a total of about 12 hours a week is all I have devoted to this as I am still taking another class also.

It seems to work really well so far.  I am about 5 pages shy of being done with the main content of my thesis.  After that on to the references and proper formatting.  OMG my formatting is awful right now! I am not concerned with how it is formatted yet I just need to get everything down on paper and then the final changes can be made.  That will still be a two week process however.

I know I have been in this program forever due to taking 2 years off due to bedrest, infant twins, and my mom's cancer, but I am happy to be near the end.  I will start my final class in January I found out and will be done before the end of February.  I have no urge to go back to school. I think having kids changed that for me.  I would rather play with them and teach them colors, math, and reading (Dino's can already identify all the letters of the alphabet) than go for my Ph.D.  It was a thought.  Maybe when they are 5. Then again, then I am sure they will be into sports and life will be just as hectic.  For now I just want to finish and move the kids onto potty training and big kid beds.  This will mean no sleep for me, but hey, I won't have any papers to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment