21 Day Fix

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Distance running

I have no idea when one officially becomes a "distance runner" but I feel like I am getting closer with half marathons.

Oddly, the more I run   lately the longer I want to go. Um, not sure who I have turned into but I love it. I have noticed a huge change on my runs in the last week or so, I totally zone. I have no recollection, of the music, my speed, my heart rate, I just run.  Ok I look at my speed to make sure I am fast enough but still, I have found my Zen zone and I am loving it. Now if only it would stop raining/snowing/sleeting or any of the other wierd things MN is doing at the moment UGH!!!

Since I have signed up for Big Sur I figure it is time to work more with my trainer. I don't need to do training runs for a long while and am really going to just try and enjoy spring/summer running when it gets here and see how I can increase my distance.

I think what shocked me most after my 10 mile race was how much my body is getting used to longer distances and my recovery times are MUCH faster. This makes me oh so happy.  Maybe a future marathon isn't as far away as I thought.

To go with all the running I have been looking for new gear since Lululemon hasn't put out anything great in a while.

I do not like to run with a pack so I have found some alternatives. The pack and dash tank by Lucy, the race ready Ld shorts, and the Nike long shape running tank. All have built in pockets. On addition, I found a water bottle by Fuelbelt that clips on and doesn't chaff or move. I have tested it on 2 of my long runs.

The half marathon is coming up. I think I am ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment