21 Day Fix

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Snow, Sick kids, and the mommy wall

Could this winter feel any longer? It is cold today and I was up for 4 hours with a little man who has a 104 temp and his sister who has a gross cough.  Poor buddies can barely stand up his tummy hurts so bad. Sara has proceeded to get up every day by 5:30 if not earlier! This means no sleep between Danyal going to sleep at 4am and Sara getting up.

To top it off more snow is expected today?! I put away the kids winter clothes, my winter running gear, I should have known better.

I am trying to debate what to go about for my running next.  Train up to 20 miles, or just try and start a marathon training program to feel better prepared for Big Sur and good preparation to run a marathon next year.

So far I managed a nice 3 mile walk with my mom this week, a quick run, and now my strength training couldn't happen today since the kids are sick. I feel like I pay for school that they never get to go to as they are sick all the time! I know this is from not having much interaction with other kids the first 2 years of their life.  They only have a few classes left. I will miss school this summer.

I know in running about hitting the wall, but today I hit the mommy wall. I am exhausted from no sleep for a few nights, and no rest during the day. This usually leads to me getting sick. I am hoping it doesn't happen this round. Once spring comes back I want to get outside and run!!

The verdict for the kids is- not quite there but heading towards croup! It appears croup, influenza, and strep are making the rounds again. Ugh



No comments:

Post a Comment