21 Day Fix

Monday, May 27, 2013

Winter versus Summer running

Trust me we don't have summer yet. Considering I was running in shorts and a tank top and it was 50 degrees was great. I really hope this is the weather we have next weekend for the half marathon. I was summer as much as the next person. Skirts, sandals, the beach, but for the half marathon I was it cool and cloud.

After having about 3 nice running days this spring I was thinking about the difference between summer and winter running and what I like about each

Summer

  • less clothes so you don't feel so weighed down
  • the bathrooms are open around the lake and the water fountains work (one less thing to carry)
  • early morning runs as the sun is out so early
  • late night runs as the sun is our super late
  • wine, always a nice treat after a run
Winter
  • pockets! no need to worry about where to put your Huma, water, keys. Pockets take care of that
  • less issues with needing water as its cold out
  • motivation to move faster as you can be so cold somedays
  • fun themed races
There are plenty of things I don't like about each, but each has their perks. I guess it is just figuring out how to make the best. This is why I am enjoying this spring I don't feel like I am roasting yet. The cooler days have led to some amazing times for my runs. I am running closer to 9:30 - 10 minute miles. As it warms up I am sure that will increase. Humidity is not my friend. I think I need to try and run in the rain this summer on hot days. That should be nice and refreshing right?





No comments:

Post a Comment