21 Day Fix

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bub-bye!!

So long uterus! All I can say is it was a hard decision and day 1 out of surgery it was the right one. The pain I have lived with for years is gone. No more pills, shots, or surgery for this. Right now I have the normal pain under the shoulders but it is so odd to wake up and realize the endometriosis pain is gone, no more! I cannot even explain it, it is just odd but great.

Everything went off great minus one small detail. A nurse gave me way to much dilaudid after surgery. Even my husband who is a Physician questions why they wanted to give me so much. He mentioned to them that his patients who weigh more than I get half the dose they wanted to give me. Needless to say, it caused issues. My oxygen alarm was going off for hours, I would fall asleep and not breath deep enough, and oh the dry heaves for hours. It took 8 hours for the dosage to wear off and it was awful! No amount of Zofran helped with the nausea. That is when you know it is bad.

Finally, the husband had to intervene and tell the nurse to ask for a half dose moving forward. Odd that they had to get a prescription to lower a dose of narcotics.

That is finally all over and I am home with the babes. I cannot pick them up or hold them, but at least I can sit on the floor and play with them. I missed them like crazy. That was my first night away from them. Now to pass the next few weeks, pack up, move, and play with the kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment