21 Day Fix

Monday, July 23, 2012

May the odds be ever in your favor

I might have a problem. I just saw the Hunger Games for the 4 1/2 times..yes 1/2. I am aware that I have very little spare time but really I used it wisely.

The day the hunger games came out my mom and I already had tickets.  We found an earlier showing (we just couldn't wait!) and when it finished we went to the theatre next door (we purchased these tickets the day before) and watched the last half, AGAIN!  To top it off I then went back that afternoon and saw it  with my babysitter/friend.

The following week I went to go see it with my husband and finally I saw it yesterday.  I don't know what it is but I feel it was a great adaption from the book.  Also, the acting was better than the Harry Potters.  I will say this. Twilight has never been my thing. I have never read the books, but I have seen the movies.

Now for Divergent to become a movie! Can you tell I studied adolescent literature in college?

 I think the funniest thing is at bedtime Danyal requests songs.  Usually it is " You are my sunshine".  When mommy is around he requests the Hunger Games Lullaby and specifically this version. I love the woman who sings this one much better than the Sting version.  Danyal also likes The Hanging Tree by the same singer.  He actually sings both songs.  How does your heart not melt when your song looks up at you and says "Deep in meadow, soft green pillow". Yup, he is so my kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment