21 Day Fix

Thursday, July 12, 2012

That 10K thing is happening

I managed to get out for a run around the lakes this morning and ended up doing more than a 10K. Oops! I did about 7 miles outside and now I get what Crazy Running Girl has told me.  Treadmill running has become mundane and boring and outside running is so much better.

I will say it was a tough run! I have figured out that the first mile to mile and a half is where I struggle and after that I am in my stride and can just keep going.  The problem today was my feet felt like lead. Once again I had a poor night of sleep and woke up in the hallway.  I was having a bad dream about Sara again and I was running to help her when I woke up.  I have no idea why it is always her but I could make some guesses. She was our smaller of the two twins with reflux, a helmet, and she stopped breathing on us a few times.  In the hallway I realized I was going to her bedroom and that in my dream  she was upstairs so I knew it was a bad dream.  This has got to stop!

I had an appointment on the other side of town yesterday and decided to call the best friend and we did a birthday lunch.  The sushi was no Wakame but I haven't had sushi in ages.  Actually, the last time I had sushi was with Crazy Running Girl. The BFF and I talked about all the normal fun stuff and as I left I had a thought and had to laugh.  You know when you meet people in college you never know who  you will stay in touch with.  Well I figured the BFF and I would go to our graves with a wheelbarrow of secrets.   As we have know each other now 16 years we might be getting closer to a semi.  I had to laugh.  16 years and a lot of laughter, tears, and support.  As for support I hope she knows if she gets the Steele Fitness Challenge I will do whatever I can to help her (Win). I know she is a competitive person but I just want her to be around forever for the kids and I. Danyal would be lost without his other mother.

As for upcoming fun, class all day this Saturday, and a team run with Crazy Running Girl on Sunday. The Color Run should be fun!

Now, I am off to write a research paper that is due Monday and has yet to be started.

No comments:

Post a Comment