21 Day Fix

Monday, July 2, 2012

A mixed day

Today has been more like the good, the bad and the not so pretty of all days.

The good - I had a great run. We are talking about 7.1 miles in 77 minutes! A year ago a quarter of a mile would have made me collapse.  I have never run farther than about 5.5 miles. I guess I might actually hit my goal of a half marathon!

The bad - Our friends son was killed in a motorcycle accident. He was a great kid and knew what he wanted. To top it off I owe a lot to his parents whom are our friends. They helped us out a ton when I was in the hospital on bed rest jut in case I went into labor.  They are also the nicest people you could ever find. Why do the awful things in life happen to the nicest people?

I also had my first job interview on Thursday in 4 years. I am not sure where this is  going to go. The other problem is daycares in our area have no openings. So I feel torn as I love being home with the kids, but I miss adult things too.

The not so pretty - My poor grandpa has 27 stitches from the top of his lip.  He has had melanoma a few times.  Once again cancer rears it ugly head. I love my grandparents. They are amazing people and I don't know what to do when they aren't around. I love their stories and just hanging out with them. I know they aren't young anymore (86 and 84) but selfish me wants them around forever.

My back yard also makes this list! It is like a jungle out there! My mom hung around to try and help me dig up some of it but in 90 degree weather we only lasted 2 hours.  I am hoping to get more done each morning this week.

Here is to hoping for a better day. Everyone go hugs your kids and those you love.


No comments:

Post a Comment