21 Day Fix

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Back to basics

I feel like illness just hasn't taken a break. Maybe it was the never ending winter turned into lots' o rain season.

I finally managed a 6  mile run again on Sunday.  A few days after the last half marathon (I let the IT band recover) I went out for a run. It seemed REALLY hard. I was totally confused. I knew I didn't have much sleep as both kids have had croup so I was managing about an hour of sleep a night.  I looked at my watch and Wow! My heart rate was 206. Even for me that is high.  Then I started wheezing like someone who has emphysema.  I decided a trip to my Dr. was in order. The verdict was bronchitis again! That is twice in 5 months. I have no idea how this has happened. I never get upper respiratory issues. I am hoping it was just a major lack of sleep.

Now to start running all over as after almost 2 weeks to recover each step feels really hard.

As for the kids they just amaze me. Right know they probably know 400-500 words in french and can put together some sentences pretty each.  We bought rosetta stone for the kids as we found a great deal. I love it, the kids think its a game! Danyal just wants to play "the french game".  These two know so much but I can really tell how different they are at this stage. Danyal is all boy and almost 3 year old tantrums (ugh), Sara is all about caring for her dolls and playing pretend.  I feel bad for her at times as she just wants to be near Danyal and he is a kid who needs his space and alone time.

It should be interesting to see how they change this next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment