21 Day Fix

Friday, June 7, 2013

An overdue recap

This past weekend I ran my 2nd half marathon. I have to say it was better than the first for the fact that I was able to run the whole thing.  It was a beautiful cool morning which really helped. I think somewhere around mile 11 my IT band started to flare. I had never known what IT band pain was before, ouch!

I eventually figured out what triggered it was running the last 1 1/2-2 miles on cobblestone. I still baby my right foot and I am sure that is why it flared.  It is finally healed now.

During the race I lost 8 minutes to a porta-john stop. I know the lines ususally taper down after mile 6, I waited until mile 10 and I still lost 8 minutes to waiting in a line! So frustrating.

As for the kids, Sara has had croup for the last week and is finally better. Danyal initiated my car yesterday and it smells awful! And now I have whatever they have.

I am supposed to race a 10K tomorrow and am going to go down to the 5K just to make sure my IT band is good.

I am still waiting for spring.  This is awful! I am still wearing socks and shoes when I should be in sandals!

No comments:

Post a Comment