21 Day Fix

Monday, February 25, 2013

1/2 Marathon Monday

So today started week two of half marathon training. My shins and ankles have been off and I realized my shoes were probably needing to be changed out. I thought I had grabbed a pair of new shoes out of a box last week. Nope. They were old shoes! I am hoping to break these in before the big race, and running in them today felt so much better!  

I am actually pretty excited about a race. It was my first race ever last year (Liz Logelin Foundation) and it was a 5K. I just found out they are offering a 10K so I am going to do that this year. Who have I become that longer races excite me?! I think that is what has been missing all winter is a running goal. I haven't done any races all winter and running has felt blah until now. Now I have goals of the 1/2 marathon, Goldy's 10 mile, and the LLF 10K.

I think the only thing that held my running back from being great this morning was that Sara is teething (3 molars) and coughed for 3 hours last night.  She finally went to sleep and Danyal woke up, twice! Both times he wanted a story.  No buddy, sorry it's nigh-night time.

Now off to finish my final powerpoint! School is almost out!

No comments:

Post a Comment