21 Day Fix

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hills and week 1

Hills are going to make my legs fall off.  I did my hill run and, wow.  To top it off I have to say I am only a few days into my new offical training plan but I feel like it has made a huge difference.  Adding in speed work and hills so far I feel less bored and can feel a difference in my running already.

That paragraph is a few days old. I have finished my first week and it felt good.  I am loving running easy miles. I felt like accomplished a huge goal.  Not because of the miles, because of my heart rate. I have written about it before but my heart rate is high when I work out. Not just a little. A lot! I have even run a race with a heart rate of 206 BPM.  This week has taught me how to dial it back and start to listen more to my body and my heart rate. I mean my easy 3 mile run my HR never went above 174 and averaged 162, this is unheard of for me! I mean I was running really slow.  But it also felt good.

I think a part of this training is learning to train in other zones that my body normally doesn't get to hang out in. I know this next week had more miles, hills, and challenges but looking back on week 1 has given me insight already.

After my run today it was time to play...outside in the snow. What is more fun that chasing 2 - 2 years olds around who want to shovel, make snow angels, and say "it's a beautiful day mommy". I even got into the fun and made a snow angel.  It does take about 15-20 minutes to get them all bundled up. I am hoping it burned off some energy.  It makes me ready for spring, grass, playgrounds, kickball, and tee-ball.


No comments:

Post a Comment