21 Day Fix

Monday, March 4, 2013

1/2 marathon Monday

Today starts week 3 of training. I have to say week 2 was good, better than week one. My 8 mile long run felt amazing as did my other two easy runs. The hills are just that, hills. They have to be done or any course will beat you. I am really getting into the speed/interval training. Pushing myself really hard when I know a recovery is coming helps.

Today stinks due to the snow (so over winter, I want to be running in shorts and tanks) but I get to have lunch with my friend Marathon mom. Yea for sushi!! It is long over due. With kids, training, and school for both of us schedules can be a disaster.

I have a 7k race in 2 weeks and the half marathon in a little less than 8 weeks. I have no idea what my goal time will be for the 7k. I am just hoping it isn't snowing. As for the half marathon anything under 2 1/2 hours will be fine with me! I was really hoping to do the sea wheeze 1/2 but it sold out already. Looks like my other half may have to be Big Sur but I have heard the hills are crazy. As for the making changes with the running here is what I am hoping for this month

  • Run 90+ miles this month
  • Get my weights in 2x/wk
  • Get outside running with other people
  • Get outside running!!
  • PR my 7K race?
  • Increase how much protein I eat (I hate protein)
  • Log what I eat to see how it affects my running
  • No more pop
  • Limit Starbucks to once or twice a week ( I can still make my own every day)
  • Work on potty training with Sara still
  • And work on getting Danyal into a big boy bed (he wants none of it)
We will see how much of this I can do.  The no pop thing seems to be going away pretty easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment