21 Day Fix

Sunday, September 16, 2012

A good one

That is what today's race was. I finally got back to the point at the end where I forgot I was running and was able to sprint to the end. I am pretty happy that my last two miles came in under 10 min ( 9:44 and 9:24) that is huge for me. I finished at 32:21 my best chipped race ever and 2nd official best. My official best wasn't timed though.

I took it easy running this last week with shin splints for the first time since high school and a pulled quad.

I made changes to this race that I think helped and its all thanks to fall. I didn't carry anything, I was able to put my phone in my pocket, and backed off what I ate before a race. I felt light for once and not like I had a lead weight attached. I also did a short pre-race warm up and a lot more stretching since it was cool. We will see if it works again this next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment