21 Day Fix

Monday, September 24, 2012

Not what I planned

for my race this last Sunday.  It was a fine run don't get me wrong! I realized the first mile seemed way to easy and then I knew I was pacing to slow.  The second felt easy so for the third I booked it with a 9 minute mile.  The first two felt so easy I realize as I ran an 11 and a 10 something mile.

Now for the other half of the story.  I have a spare car key.  I use it only to run as it has nothing else attached.  This is all good normally...except for Sunday!! For some reason it decided it didn't want to recognize my car anymore.  So anytime I locked the car, unlocked the car, rolled down the window, turned on the car the alarm went off! I was essentially locked in my car for an hour before the race.  I finally decided, forget it, and let the darn thing just keep going until it turned itself off.

It was odd to run this course.  This was the course of my first ever race back in June when I came in at 35 minutes.  Now I know I can do a 5K in under 32 minutes if I push, and I have run a 10K.  Hopefully by spring after a winter of running I will be sub 30 or 30 for a 5K.  It was odd that an 11 minute pace was an easy mile.  A few months ago I would have had to walk at some point. Not anymore.  It is a small feat to know I am improving slowly.

On a final note I am starting to test drive cars..or should I say big trucks and...Minivans!! I want a mini van after trying to get the kids in and out of the school parking lot safely but geez these crazy drivers don't make it easy.  I am sure it will be another year before I actually make a decision on a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment