21 Day Fix

Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Smooshed generation

I think others called it the sandwich generation but it's true. I am at an age where I have aging relatives while trying to raise my own family.  Families are smaller these days and there are less people to "pitch in" when things need to get done.

A few years ago it was that the twins were infants and my mom had cancer. Now its my uncle who is a bachleor needs help and I am one who understands the medical lingo.  Hence, how we found out he actually did have a heart attack before having the 3 stents placed.  Recently we have notice how bad my grandma has gotten and that she has dementia.  This one just makes me so sad. I have really fond memories of these grandparents; at there house in IL, FL, taking a cruise with them while I was pregnant.  They have always been my favorites. I know they had their issues in the past but since I was 10 they have been great.  To top it off we can all see how hard it is on my grandpa and he is just down.

I am going up to my moms early tomorrow to hopefully have breakfast with them. It is probably the last time I get to see them before they leave.  I have a sinking feeling it will be the last time I get to see one of them.  They are almost 87 and 85.  I will just miss them and their stories and I always feel like there is so much more to ask them.

My best friend is in town for the rare weekend and she spent the whole afternoon and evening with us until the kids were down.  It was so nice just to hang out, chat, play with the kids on the swings, the new toys auntie brought, watch the kids DEVOUR the pumpkin cookies she made (sara had 3).  I feel like it has been a crazy few weeks and I just needed this more than she knew.  Then again we both needed it I think.  Sushi, cookies, Diet cherry vanilla dr. pepper, and bath time with the kids =  a great afternoon. We are also on night 5 of danyal not sleeping. Here is hoping he got worn out today!

As for running there is one day left in the month and I need to run 3 more miles. I think I will hit my goal this month. Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment