21 Day Fix

Sunday, June 3, 2012

I did it!

It has been 4 years since the last "foot" surgery.  I never thought I would run again, oh how wrong I was! Not only did I run my longest distance ever today, I did it pain free.  That is if you don't count the burning quads. I have been told I will never run more than a half marathon, we will see about that.

I decided to test my limit and see if I could actually run an entire 5K on the treadmill and I did, in 33:48.  My original goal was 36 minutes so not bad! Now if I could figure out how to transfer this to the outdoors and pace myself better life will be great!  I do have to say that having a really upbeat playlist has helped a ton.  I have Jason Derulo (Don't wanna go home) and Flo rida/Sia (wild ones) mixed in a few times as they always get me going.

After I finished the 5K I walked for a few minutes and decided to run again.  Overall I ran 53 out of 60 minutes and ran a total of 4.8 miles.  For a newer runner I will take it! To top it off I have a crazy heart rate when I workout.  My heart rate never went over 184, for me that is amazing.  I can run and talk at 194.  For that I have to thank Marathon Mom for telling me how to breathe while running and my trainers for how to get the most CO2 out possible and lower my heart rate asap when running.

It took a year to walk without a limp, a lot of working out to be able to do so pain free, and now I ran 53 minutes! It was a really long 4 years if I do say so myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment