21 Day Fix

Friday, June 1, 2012

Love my new Polar Toys

So I decided to upgrade my polar watch. I moved up to the FT60 as it works with a foot pod or GPS. I haven't heard any decent reviews about the GPS so I am sticking with the foot pod for now.  I did a test run to calibrate the foot pod (after I forgot to turn it on the first time) and it is really accurate. I cannot wait to take it out tomorrow morning for a test run around Lake Calhoun.

My first race is a week from tomorrow and I am actually really excited. Running has become easy, or easier for me. Who am I? What the heck happened to me? My friend Crazy Running Girl (Marathon Mom) mentioned at lunch last week that running straight away is sometimes easier than doing a run walk.  Tonight that was so true, 2 miles later!! I cannot believe I can do that! I guess if you really want something and you work for it you can do it.  Best advice given to me by Crazy Running Girl  was sign up for a race then you have a goal. It really got me moving! Thanks CRG!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad I could help get you hooked into the crazy running world :)

    ReplyDelete