21 Day Fix

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Meeting grandpa

Today was a long overdue trip to visit my dad and his parents. I have never officially taken the kids to meet their other grandpa and figured it was time. It was really nice to go with my mom and see how much they love her.

It makes me sad to know that Sara will never meet the man who is the reason for her middle name and who she shares a lot of his stubborn qualities too!!! Danyal would have been my dads sidekick, I can see it in his personality. I hope they hear stories through life and can find more pieces of grandpa in them as they grow.

I won't lie though. It still makes me mad as hell that he didn't care enough about those around him to take better care of himself and quit smoking. I pray my kids never pick one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment